Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Tuesday, February 25, 2014

WATERCOLOUR HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Lately, I'm trying to use supplies I've had for years and rarely use. Mostly, it's out of sight-out of mind. Do you do that too?
This card is basic watercolouring, using watercolour crayons. They are so easy to use.
As long as you stamp the image with a permanent ink- Stazon, Archival or pigment ink and heat embossing, you'll have a good experience with the WC crayons.
 
I dip my brush in water, stroke it across the crayon, then paint on the cardstock. Yes, cardstock works just fine. It may curl as it dries but it's easy enough to flatten again. You can deepen the colours by picking up more pigment from the crayon, or do another coat.
 
There are other ways to use WC crayons and I plan to share them with you over the next few days.
Today, it's basic- painting in the lines. I'll have another method for you here on Friday, and Monday, March 3rd, there will be another at QUIETFIRE CREATIONS
 
I'm glad you came by today- thank you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment