Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Friday, February 28, 2014

CAMEO BUNNY PIN & WATERCOLOUR CARD

 
Hi Everyone! It's a beautiful Friday- very Spring-like.
I promised to show another watercolour card today, and I will. First though, how about a cute little bunny? It WAS for an upcycle challenge, but I missed the deadline. Oops!
 
The round base of this pin, was a clip-on earring. I removed the clip, and covered the dome shape with gelli print paper from my stack. I used Aleene's tacky glue to stick it on with- it won't budge. I also use Weldbond white glue, or Elmers', when I want a strong adhesion.
 

I added some ribbon to the back with red liner tape, attached the pin back with red liner tape, then applied a piece of gelli print paper and glued with Aleene's Tacky glue. I held it all in place for a minute or two, covering with wax paper and using my bone folder to burnish it well.
 
I painted a few lines of watercolour paint on the bunny for definition, painted the carrot, and once dry, I glued them onto the covered earring.
 
The bunny and carrot were cut using a QUIETFIRE DESIGN file from Silhouette America. The diameter of the earring is 1 1/4", so you see how small we can get with our cuts.
I JUST LOVE HIM!
 
Now, onto the card.
Just for fun, this card uses paper towel for it's designer paper.

The watercolour crayon was scribbled onto very wet paper towel, and pushed around with the brush. This card had blue and burgundy WC on the paper towel, then was left to dry. I attached it to white cardstock for stability, as the paper towel separates along the edges once dry, giving you two very thin papers.

White cardstock was dry embossed, then water was brushed on, followed by lots of burgundy WC crayon paint. Just keep brushing it on until you get the depth of colour you want. Once dry, I rubbed gold paint over the high spots, just using my fingertip.
The button you see in the photo was removed and a flourish design was stamped on with gold paint. (clean stamp immediately when stamping with paint)
The lovely Wanderlust stamp is another beauty from QUIETFIRE DESIGN. , as is the flourish and the butterfly.
 
Well, if you've followed to the end here, thank you, and I hope you enjoyed your visit today.
I love it when you come by.
 
Have a terrific weekend!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Super cute pin and love the card too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are lovely. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pin- how original! and up cycled and the card too.
    I don't have that stamp! why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! The bunny! This is soooo sweet! And the card is gorgeous! Wow, what a great blog post!

    ReplyDelete