Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Monday, January 6, 2014

DOUBLE-WRAPPED PEARLS


I recently made a double-wrapped pearl bracelet for one of  my sisters. During a visit, she had admired a double-wrapped bracelet I was wearing, so I told her I'd make her one.
This is it.

I didn't have a heavier white cord for the base, but I did have a very shiny, satiny heavy thread, which worked perfectly with the pearls. The pearls and gold beads were first crocheted into a long chain, then the chain was doubled up and crocheted together. A loop was crocheted onto one end and the fabulous button was sewn onto the other.
I really like how it turned out and plan to make more using this same method.
The bracelet is perched on fingerless gloves that she knit for me.
I hope she likes her bracelet as much as I love these gloves.
 
Thanks for looking today!
 

1 comment: