Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Friday, May 17, 2013

AIR BRUSH & GELLI PLATE ART JOURNAL

The conversation went something like this....
"I never use my airbrush anymore. I should sell it."
DH- Let me know and I'll take a photo and list it.
"Maybe I should try it out and make sure."
Later.....
"Look at this. I love it!"
DH- rolls his eyes. 'Nuff said.
 
With black paint, I sprayed over punchinella, doilies and die cuts. Changed to red paint and sprayed over die cut flowers and all around the edge. Changed to yellow, then blue, and sprayed here and there. Brushed on clear coat and let it dry. Click on photo for larger image.

The back side of the cover had red paint sprayed through a plastic doily, then tissue paper was glued down over it, allowing bits of red to show through. The tissue was a scrap used to stamp off and roll off paint while I was using my gelli plate. The following are random pages made with the gelli plate.

Left: dollar store scrapbook paper with flower cut outs.
Right: hand cut stencil that I made. Produce bag.

Paper doily, narrow ribbon trim.

Textured wallpaper scrap, die cut frame.

Same hand cut stencil.

Back cover sprayed with softer colours.
 
This art journal is about 8X10 inches and I'm itching to work in it.
 
I have a card to share at QUIETFIRE CREATIONS. Be sure and check it out okay?
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
Stay safe.
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, looks like a lot of fun Holly! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even *think* of getting rid of that airbrush!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the techniques & the card.

    ReplyDelete