Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Monday, December 31, 2012

LAST POSTS FOR 2012

I almost missed this- the last Colour Q of the year!
 
The Quietfire Design sentiment works because I have been looking back over the year and thinking of you. Thinking of your lovely comments or the fact that you come to look at all. I am grateful for your visits to my blog. I hope 2013 will be a year filled with all good stuff for you and yours.
The background for this card was made by smudging the Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay ink pads on my craft sheet. I spritzed the inks with shimmer spray before I pressed the glossy card stock onto it. You can see the shimmer! I dried the card stock and saw how the inks had blended to form a different colour so I repeated the process, one ink colour at a time. Then I stamped my hand carved stamp using the Pear Pizzazz. Once dry, I stamped the sentiment using Basic gray, then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp next to it with Bermuda Bay.
The rest is embossing and die-cuts, and a few dots of shimmer white frost ink.
Over at Quietfire Creations you can check out my last post for Quietfire Design for 2012.
 
Thanks for looking and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. SO pretty!! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Holly! Love the wee pops of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Holly-great red on a lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Holly, love how you used the colors! thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Holly! I really enjoy all your entries. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete