Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Tuesday, December 4, 2012

HOLLY JOLLY RIBBONS

Is it any surprise that the technique used here is called "ribbon tabbed borders"?
So simple to create, and so striking. I repeated the ribbons down the side but I also could have used all different ribbons, as long as the colours matched the card. I could have added some white too. The only rule I imagine would be to match the colours in the card.
I really like the look of the looped/folded ribbon but have seen it done with cut flat pieces and that looks good too. Now, we have another way to use up those ribbon scraps. yay!
Here's a closer look at the stamped holly. I used the rock 'n roll technique to ink up the stamp -apply lighter colour to stamp, then tilt it so only the edges pick up darker ink. The veins were painted on with a fine brush and the darker ink.
 
The stamps, Distress inks and embossing folder can all be found at Quietfire Design.
 
Thanks for looking today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment