Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Monday, June 4, 2012

STENCILED BOOKMARKS

I recently bought these Dreamweaver stencils, peacock feather and poppies. I loved these stencils before I even did anything with them, they are pretty just on their own.
However....had to have some play time!
The sample, which became a bookmark, was made using a blue and a green colour spray. A spritz of blue at the top and a couple sprays of green to finish. Without moving the now very wet stencil, I laid white card stock over it, then lifted straight up. Before I lifted it up, I could actually see the colour seeping up into the white card stock. I flipped it over to reveal this....

This is not a new technique but I love the results so much it just never gets old. Once dried I attached the samples to a piece of green card stock, then ran it through an embossing folder. Last, was to add the ribbon. Nothing fancy or labour intensive but a very pretty bookmark, front and back.

The technique is called Misted Stencil. I also call it fun!

Haul out those stencils and give it a try.

Thanks for looking- I appreciate it.
Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is so sweet! Well done! I have to try this. :-)

    ReplyDelete