Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Saturday, June 16, 2012

PASTELS & GESSO

I'll try to find the actual technique name for this but in the meantime, here's how it went together.  It's made up of a few layers beginning with embossing with the first embossing folder. The high areas are coloured with pastels- not chalks, oil pastels. A light coat of gesso is applied and once dry, the piece is put through the big shot on the outside of the folder. This flattens the first embossed layer. Then, it's placed in the second embossing folder and... well, embossed. The high areas are coloured with pastels and a layer of gesso is applied. Once dry, sand the gesso back to reveal the colour below. Dark ink was sponged around the edges and the card was completed.
The original technique embosses, colours, gessos and sands, once. My version is twice and I'm sure you could add a third layer.

Some techniques are a great jumping off place to play. Use what you have, make substitutions and just try it. My 'fails' go in a bin and later show up in scrap type techniques. Chopped up, or in strips, they become something much better.

It's raining so it's a good day to create. Play. Try different things. Have fun!

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment