Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Wednesday, May 16, 2012

3-D BEFORE A

I have a box filled with cards and each card has a technique on it with directions. It has been years in the making and I'm pleased as punch to have it. While going through my stamps and marking the retired sets with a big red sharpie, I noticed that there are sets I've had for some months now that have never seen ink. Crazy!
So, I decided it was time to break out the unused stamps and start working through the technique box. I am challenging myself to use either a technique from the box or a previously unused stamp set- one or the other, or both, on any card for the rest of the year. I think I can do it, in fact I have already begun. The acrylic-acetate card from yesterday- that technique came from the A section of the box.The technique card in front of that was the 3-D technique which should have come before the A. Now I've decided to not worry about precise order and just do them.
The flower on this card is 3-D because it is stamped several times, different layers are cut out and they are stacked using foam tape between the layers. Like paper tole, only simpler.
Hopefully you can see the three layers better in this photo.
Give it try and layer something.
Do you have any challenges of your own? Would you like to join me in mine? Play along and I'll post your results too, if you like.

Have a wonderful day and may all your stamps be inky (in a good way)

No comments:

Post a Comment