Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Friday, March 2, 2012

STARBURST BACKGROUND CARD

In the Splitcoast Weekly Inkling newsletter, there was a reference to a Starburst background for cards. I got busy, cut and paste, punch and glue, then ruined the whole thing by spritzing it. I was less than happy with the result. Click for close-up- see...ugh!
Not wanting to trash the entire card, I removed the sentiment strip and re-did it, leaving it clean, not spritzed.
It's better but I need to be cautious adding spritz to finished products :)
I did cut into new sheets of paper for this card as I wanted to use some new designer paper I had, but this would be a good card for using scraps.


The only thing one can give an artist is leisure in which to work. To give an artist leisure is actually to take part in his creation. -Ezra Pound, poet (1885-1972)
I love this quote-don't you? 
I hope you have an amazing day and get a little time to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment