Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

INSPIRED BY MAILE BELLES

I recently picked up the new Papercrafts Card Creations Vol. 9 magazine. It is packed with tons of inspiration and today I'm sharing what inspired me. It's May 25th so that means a Christmas card and I spotted this pretty one- Joy to You & Yours by Maile Belles. Clean design with subtle colours. Here's mine-
A little different but you can clearly see where I started from. Not sure if you can see the base cardstock but it is inked with the matching so saffron applied with scrunched up waxed paper. Very subtle. I boo-boo'd the branch- the one I have is way too short so added the embossed and matted strip instead. I was happy with it and it also gave me a hiding place for the ends of the linen thread and the tape I stuck it on with. Proof again that mistakes are opportunites.  :)

This was quick, all the thinking had already been done for me. Believe it or not, I don't always want to start from scratch. Really, really.
I hope you make a lot of creative choices today and take time to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment