Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Monday, April 26, 2010

An idea to share

This little book is a green and very inexpensive project. The best part is that it serves a great purpose too. The next photo will show it's use.......
It holds my Nestibilities!
Each 'page' is a sheet of magnet bought at the Dollar Store- 2 pages from each magnet sheet. The cover is from the cardboard box some Christmas crackers came in- that's the green (recycle) part. I used my labelmaker to put the name of each nestibilities set on the back of the page. I made a second book for a dear friend and bought the magnet sheet from our local sign store Signs Ink.
The magnet was cut using my Big Shot and the scallop square die. The holes were punched with my crop-a-dile and binder rings keep the whole thing together. They also allow me to add pages. For fun, I added a few bits of broken jewellery to the rings.
I love projects that recycle, use what I have on hand and are useful. Don't you?

Don't forget to leave me a comment so you'll be sure
to be entered for the draw on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. And your friend LOVES her nestabilities book!! I had a great time on Saturday, could have played even longer if there weren't always other things that need to get done. I look forward to more classes, attending your classes helps me MAKE time to do what I enjoy. Love you Holly.

    ReplyDelete