Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Monday, February 22, 2010

Emerging

This is one of my recent collages called "Emerging". There are many, many, many layers of paper, paint and gel medium. Layering, sanding, painting, scraping away- again and again until the colour, shape and depth I'm looking for, emerges.
I love this type of collage as it can take weeks to complete, but is done in 20 minute bursts. That 20 minutes fully engages me. It also fulfills my need to "just try this and see what happens!" Utter failures are simply scraped or sanded away.
Okay, time to start working on another........

No comments:

Post a Comment